Monday, February 7, 2011

Don't forget the beauty of the winter garden


Most of us wait in anticipation for the the awakening of the spring garden, but there is much to enjoy in the garden now. Shapes and forms within the garden take on a new beauty with a blanket of snow. Seed heads and blowing grasses stand out against the freshness of the snow and the vivid blue skies. I love the shape and colors of the garden pots, benches and any other feature that braves the elements waiting for warmer breezes again. There is a peace and restfullness in the garden as well. I don't have to worry about what needs to be done next.

So, take a walk in the garden or sit in a sheltered spot and just breathe and rest, for all the activity of gardening will soon be upon us again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture Janet .I agree we have to enjoy all the seasons.It is NS after all. I'm really liking the looking at the fat buds on my Rhodos!!

    ReplyDelete